Wednesday 28 November 2012

My Husband Is Very Evasive While We're Separated - What Can I Do?

I heard from a wife who said: "my husband and I have been separated for almost two months. I think that this is more than enough time for him to come to a decision about what he wants to do about our marriage. He asked me for space and I gave it to him. But he seems no closer to committing to me and our marriage than he was right before the separation. Because I am tired of waiting, I've taken to asking him very directly what he plans to do. I'll say things like 'so where do you plan to live next month?' Or 'how do you feel about me today?' I never get a straight answer. He'll say something like 'I'm still evaluating.' Or 'honestly, my feelings are still all over the place. I just don't know.' This makes me so angry. If he knows that our marriage is over, I wish he would have the courage to just say it. Instead, it's like he's going out of his way to stall or to not give me an honest answer. Why would he do this? And how can I get him to stop?"

harvard law school negotiation workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment